среда, 24 мая 2017 г.

Holy Stencils!

This scary table was given new life with stencils.


I wasn't sure when my client brought me this sad table I would be able to make it beautiful again. Had scratches and stains all Ober the top.


holy stencils, painted furniture


More scratches and sadness.


holy stencils, painted furniture


She showed me a pic of what she had in mind. And I thought holy stencils!! I stripped the top completly down sanded it and then stained it with dark walnut. I applied a couple coats of satin polycrylic. Then picked four different stencils I thought would make the pattern I envisioned.


holy stencils, painted furniture


I begin stenciling and stenciling and then some more stenciling. I used modern masters qarm silver metallic paint for the stencils.I'm not gonna sugar coat it. It was a lot of time and work to put this pattern down. After I got it all stenciled I put three more coats of polycrylic over it all.


holy stencils, painted furniture


I painted the bottom of table with a black satin paint so it would match her existing chairs.


holy stencils, painted furniture


It was a time consuming project. I learned a lot from doing this. I think it turned out lovely. My client was thrilled.


holy stencils, painted furniture


Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/11238339/holy-stencils site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий